Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Editing in RAW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:40 pm 
I have just started to shoot in RAW mode and away I went to a very nice castle not 10 mins from my house, I happily snapped away in RAW and came home with about 50 RAW images.

However when I go to print I am habing a hard time getting it right. I have just bought some A4 Glossy Photo paper but when I print it tells me that "CLIPPING" will occur, even after I select A4 and landscape from the print options.

Do I need to know the exact dimension and crop the RAW image (Seems like hard work)

Can anyone help a FOOL willing to learn?

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Hi Wonda Boy, what program are you printing from? If it's Photoshop, it's very specific about the image size when printing - make sure you go to Image Size under the Image menu and ensure the dimensions are correct. Sometimes if the resolution is down as, say, 75 dpi, then the printing size will be enormous! If you tick the box to not resample the image and simply enter in the correct dimensions, you should be ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:43 am 
Thanx Gordon,

I have a canon MP600 with a very high res for printing. I am using CS3 which I am new too, I know that you have to select the colour setting very carefully and either let Adobe manage the colour or the printer.

From your experience is it better to let adobe or the printer. I am confident enough the printer is of high enough quality to be able to do this. But what about all this mini settings of rendering intent i.e Perceptual & Absolute colourimetric!!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated,

BTW the one thing I have learned for sure is that if your monitor is not CALIBRATED you will be chasing your tail trying to get a good image print. As the image on screen will not look like the image printing...... :x