Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:25 pm 

Hi Guys, have been taking some B&W's lately mostly in Jpeg although i did take a batch in raw, on the the cameras LCD they are black and white! However if i am being a bit lazy and just import them straight into lihroom from the Cam, the previews are B&W but once the final image has loaded, lightroom decides that it is allergic, to B&W and turns them into colour, has anyone got a solution to this, or know how to fix it? Because it is just really, really annoying!
Thanks in advance!

Canon 40D + Grip | Sigma 10-20 EX | 17-85 | Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 EX II | 50 F/1.8 | 430 EX II + Other Stuff
Flickr
Portfolio - Not recently updated!
Saving for: -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:02 pm 

If I understand correctly... the image you see on your DSLR's LCD is the jpeg preview of the RAW with the Black&White adjustment taken into account. Once you import the RAWs into Lightroom, Lightroom "discards" (very loose term, so might need to be corrected) the Black&White adjustment, just as it does with all other in-camera image optimisations the camera may have added with the RAW file.

So you'll have to make the Black&White adjustments yourself in Lightroom.

I'm sure Thomas would be able to clear this up better, since he shoots mainly in Black&White and uses LR, and may even have a solution for you.

Then again, I could be totally wrong about the whole thing :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:37 pm 

Ok, thanks, thought it would be something like that! Although maybe Thomas might have something different to say!

Canon 40D + Grip | Sigma 10-20 EX | 17-85 | Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 EX II | 50 F/1.8 | 430 EX II + Other Stuff
Flickr
Portfolio - Not recently updated!
Saving for: -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:10 pm 

Here's a thread about the same problem. Has nothing to do with you in-camera setting to b&w although this is where the lacking ability of LR (1+2) to interpret RAW camera settings is most obvious:
http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8167

Please continue any discussion over there.
I've locked this thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]