Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:13 am 
Hello,
I bought myself a one-eye Display 2 monitor calibrator.
Used the advanced mode and went through all steps including contrast, brightness and RGB-settings on the monitor itself, then the program made a ICC-profile that got installed on my system.

So the ICC-profile is installed in my vista system, and i can see that the profile is used when looking in the display control panel.

I could clearly see that there is a difference in how my desktop shows colors, and i can also clearly see that the colors and brightness has changed when looking at images.

So good so far.

What i dont understand is how i can use this new settings in Photoshop. I've tried to assign the profile in PS but all it does is popping up a warning dialog when i open images. It warns me that the image profile doesnt match my system profile. What is that about?

The second thing is i have downloaded a softproof ICC-profile from crimson.se (where i print my images) and tried to apply this softproof on some images that i earlier got printed at crimson.se

The problem here is that the print doesnt even get close to what i see on screen. Why is that?

I mean, i now have a calibrated monitor.
Im using photoshop
Im applying the softproof-icc

But still, the image on screen differs to much from the print for me to be happy with it.

Any kind of information and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:29 pm 
Not sure about your problems with photoshop but I think you can use your calibrated profile with your printer as well. I think....not exactly sure.