Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:10 pm 
Hi, I had just discovered HDR for the first time last night, simply have to give it a try right away. I had never bother to discover how fascinating visual art can be. Any suggestion on where to learn will be appreciated.
First the original.

then the HDR
this is fun!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:22 am 
Nice job! Just watch out for "halos", those are the glowing edges you get in high contrast areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:06 am 
grahamnp wrote:
Nice job! Just watch out for "halos", those are the glowing edges you get in high contrast areas.
Thanks to you friend...
I checked out your flickr link since we have the same camera/lens, and I discovered HDR through your photo stream in flickr. Thanks for the inspiration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:39 pm 
I also worked with audio for quite a while before getting into photography. Perhaps that's why HDR drew my attention, because we are so used to fiddling with knobs and filters and such in audio production. Ultimately, photography is quite a bit cheaper than audio too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:06 pm 
Syncharmony wrote:
I also worked with audio for quite a while before getting into photography. Perhaps that's why HDR drew my attention, because we are so used to fiddling with knobs and filters and such in audio production. Ultimately, photography is quite a bit cheaper than audio too!
fellow sound people, cool!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:05 am 
Site Admin

I think there's a fair amount of overlap between the hobbies too - most phootgraphers I know are also really into hifi, and I'm no different...!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:01 pm 
My dad, is very heavily into Hi-Fi, he has been fidiling with and building audio equipment for decades!

He invented a power supply, dedicated to reducing 'Mains Noise Interfearance'

Oh and his Hi-Fi system sounds so good, it just amazingly!!!!

Link to his website:

http://www.never-connected.com/index.html