Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Adobe camera raw help!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:33 pm 
I need some help with the sharpening slides in adobe cameraraw...What does all of them do individual? There are four of them and I can't really figure out what they do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:26 pm 
Amount: How much you want to sharpen the image. Best to zoom to 100% to see how it affects your photo.

Radius: Another aspect of sharpening. Most cameras use a value of 1.0 to 1.5. To big a radius and you'll start to see "halos" around the edges of objects. To small a radius and you get less sharpening.

Detail: Low detail restricts sharpening to the edges of an object. High detail increases sharpening to the entire image. For example, say you have a photo of a duck. Low detail basically sharpens the outline of the duck while high detail will sharpen the individual strands of the duck's feathers. Also remember, with a very high detail setting you might end up increasing image noise.

Masking: You can ignore this. It's just to show you what pixels will be sharpened and what will be ignored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:43 am 
speaking of adobe camera raw. ::off subject but on topic:: .anyone know why mine says i need to update, when i did it through photoshop and through the website with no success?