Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Manfrotto or Giottos
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:27 pm 
Hi I'm new to the forum and fairly new to DSLR's

I've got an Oly E520 with my heaviest lens so far being the 70-300 and have just discovered that my old tripod is no longer up to the job. I'm looking for a light weight tripod thats going to last and have been considering the Manfrotto 190XPROB or the CXPRO3 (undecided if the 500g weight difference is worth the extre £100). Is there any difference in how either of these would stand up to being exposed to seawater and sand?

I thought I'd narrowed it down to 2 until I saw the Giottos, does anyone have any advice about which Giottos tripod is similar in spec to the Manfrottos above? I like the idea that you get a strap and bag in the price of the giottos and would ideally like to keep the weight of tripod and head to close to 2kg ish if possible.

I've settled on the Manfrotto 460MG head so could i use this with any Giottos? Willing to spend upto £150 including head (which i can get for about £49) for aluminium or possibly £250 for carbon fibre. I'll be using it mainly outdoors for long exposures.

Any words of wisdom on what my best option might be would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lori

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:00 pm 

hi Lori,
I have the 190pro and 804rc2 and find it great. Perhaps a bit heavy for a long trek but if you travel by car perfect (for me).
regards John :)