Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ball head for monopod
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:59 pm 
can any ball head work on a monopod. or do they make ones just for them? any one know of a good budget priced ball head?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:41 pm 

wilson44512 wrote:
can any ball head work on a monopod. or do they make ones just for them? any one know of a good budget priced ball head?

I imagine you could fit any ball head to a monopod. This is by no means a recommendation but it might be worth searching the net to see whether the National Geographic NG Tundra Monopod with QR Ball Head at $42 from B&H Photo is any good.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject: Nat Geo - induro
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:35 pm 
Howdy, I was researching this same question a while back and a b and h salesperson pointed me towards that nat geo monopod. It is identical to the manfrotto (I think it is 709B or something, either case, the smaller of the two cheap monopods manfrotto makes) and thus the nat geo is pretty nice. However, I didn't really like the head. I felt it was plasticy and the monopod had this extra foot thingy on it that I didn't like either. I was going for compact and those items made it significantly longer than the identical manfrotto. I ended up buying the induro Sa 0 ball head as it quite short, lightweight, comes with a quick release and plate, and it was fairly affordable.

I used that setup, manfrotto 709B and induro Sa 0, on a recent trip to alaska and found it to perform just fine. I'm using an oly e520 and the 18-180 zoom lens which is not a super heavy combo.

Hope this helps.