Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tripod usage
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:56 pm 
Im thinking of buying a tripod to do the ocashional HDR and long exposure photo but I have a few questions.

When you go out do you always take your tripod with you or only when you know you will be needing it for shots like the above?

How often do you find yourself using a tripod?

I would find it a real pain having to lug around a tripod everywhere with me and im not sure I would get the use out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:17 pm 
I'd say 98% of the time I leave my house for photography, I'm carrying a tripod.

I don't mind bringing it along. I throw it into the car, and take it with me just in case.

I also carry a monopod but that's just there as a backup.

You never know where your going to go, and what your going to shoot. Well, sometimes you do, but you get my point... :wink:

A tripod is a must for night photography, portrait work, long exposures, and more.

So overall, I almost always take my tripod with me, and I find myself using it for long exposure work, night photography, and portraits.

I think you should definitely have a tripod no matter what. I think all photographers should have a tripod.

Best,
-Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:59 pm 
My tripod is in the back of the Land Rover all of the time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:54 am 
I have been thinking about a tripod for a while, but have no taken the plunge.

Do you think you could help me pick out a tripod From this list ? There is a Hama star 62 and a Hama star 63 Which have good reveiws and is a nice price.

Im a tall guy at 6ft 3 so it needs to be high enough for me. I also dont want to spend that much on one £10 - 30. Im only going to be using it now and again and im only a obbiest photographer so i dont need anything killer amazing

thanks.