Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:07 pm 
I have a problem getting smooth tilt and pan with my present cheap tripod ($50-$75 range) and want to upgrade.

The primary task that requires this upgrade is shooting video with the FZ150 of forums and presentations. I often times need to pan from one speaker or group of speakers to another. Panning is a problem, but not as much as when I have to change the tilt. Both need to be smoother, but changing the tilt results in the field slowly drifting down about 25% of the field of view, no matter how hard I twist the tilt lock. I suspect that balance is an issue.

I need something that will move more smoothly and stay where it is pointed. I am hoping to get something for under $200, and definatly do not want to spend more than I spent on the camara. I prefer something that will extend fairly high to shoot over crowds and do not care how heavy the tipod is (with in reason, but reason could be 10 or 20 pounds).