Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:01 am 

Hello Everyone
just got my first DSLR it Canon 550D/T2i,
now I'm looking to buy a shutter release for long exposure photography, I've read on internet that you got to have a shutter lock option in remote to keep the trigger pressed while shooting with bulb exposure.
so kindly suggest me any affordable less fancy wired or wireless shutter release for my DSLR

Thanks
Anas

www.flickr.com/people/anasahmad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:13 am 

My personal experience:

Wireless is advantageous in more was than wired.

You don't have to fool around with the wire, which is a hassle sometimes and can't often make self-portraits possible (including family shots with you in it). The wire will likely not be long enough, and if it is, than its still in the shot. You must then resort to self timer. Wireless is also smaller and fits in your pocket, or other, better. Wireless DOES has the capability of doing bulb. The only advantage that wired has is continuos shooting. You cannot do multiple burst shots with a wired device - unless there is some setting on your camera that I have not heard about. This is ESSENTIAL for doing star trails and things like that.

My advice, get both. They both go for very cheap on ebay. Don't be afraid of buying non-branded gizmos, especially when it comes to low performance items like this.

FYI, I have a D200 without native wireless capability. I wish it had it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:36 pm 

I went for both too. Far east no name ebay jobs work well enough. The corded ones don't seem to last that long though, so I'd even suggest getting more than one of those to have a spare. The wireless one I got works just like a corded one without a cord, so you can hold it down for continuous shooting.

As for long exposure, how long is long? With wireless you do have the additional complication of battery life to consider.

Also if it is of any interest or use, there are timer settable ones for a bit more cost.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:34 am 

Many Thanks Trevor Harris & Popo, i think i got my answer....
anyhow u people can give a look below to my recent long exposure (30sec) image, though I haven't got any trigger release yet :)

here is the image link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anasahmad/5302934497/

www.flickr.com/people/anasahmad