Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:05 pm 
Hi,

I want to buy a tripod for landscape and macro photos (tall enough, D90 with 18-200, I dont care about the weight too much).

Which do you think is the best choice?

Manfrotto 055XProB (I saw it and I think its very steady but the center column can be adjusted only vertical or horizontal, not in between).

Benro A297EX, A-357EX. They are about the same price with Manfrotto, a bit less stable but you can adjust the column in any angle you want.

What do you think? Do you have any experience with Benro tripods?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:40 am 
Ive never personally used Benro, but if you have a little extra $$ to spend I could highly recommend Libec. They are some of the sturdiest tripods I've used and so far have found them much more reliable than Manfrotto. I image they have one around the $200 price point, I would definitely check them out.

-Rob

http://www.amazon.com/Libec-Aluminum-Spreader-Carrying-Supports/dp/B0014E7UEK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1292556984&sr=8-4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:06 am 

I love my Manfrotto tripod. It is very sturdy. It is tall enough to stand full upright and use and versatile enough to use inches from the ground.

Canon EF 75-300
Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash
Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod
Manfrotto 804RC2 Head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:17 pm 

Recently bought this Giotto http://www.jessops.com/online.store/pro ... /show.html It's plenty tall enough for me, even without fully extending the legs.
Haven't even needed to lift the centre column, & it can be used through 180 degrees.
The set up also drops fairly flat by extending the legs outwards, to about a foot from the floor. It's solid/heavy enough to support my 80-400 zoom.

Also bought the heavier weight rated ball-head., with a couple of quick release plates. http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-Gio ... ad_1025891 (which i'd definitely recommend whichever rig you choose)