Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What's Up?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:51 pm 

Still getting to know the broad spectrum modified camera. Above is a shot taken with it, CLS filter and fisheye. Note the IR sensitivity is kicking in even at night! The problem I have here is that with the clip filter in place, I can't get focus with the fisheye. The presence of the filter shifts the focus away, so you need to focus much closer than you think. Even really close, I can't get it pin sharp.

For comparison, this one is with a regular unmodified camera, without filtering.

Saving the most... interesting for last, here's the region around the north america nebula. Modified camera with CLS filter again. Processed from single jpeg as I'm too lazy to find a raw setting that looks nice right now. For lack of a better description, I'm getting a lot of white speckles which I have no idea what they are. I don't think they're stars. I think it's noise of some sort but not one I've seen before. I have to wonder if it might be an artefact caused by the filter change but that's not investigated at the moment.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.