Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TRUE FOCUS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:23 am 
hi,
this is sreejith , im an engineer , and im a student , i am always interested in the mechanisms of a digital photographic camera , recently i came across this particular article about this camera called hasselbald H4D, it mentions a terminology of TRUE FOCUS , i read the below given article but couldn't distinguish it , as i couldn't find an illustration of that particular function , it will very helpful if anyone can explain it with illustration

link to the article: http://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/apl.aspx
[/urlhttp://www.hasselbladusa.com/promotions/apl.aspx[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:50 am 

Hi Sreejith,

May I offer you a warm welcome to the CameraLabs community.

We had a brief discussion about this new feature in the thread Hasselblad announce the new H4D high-end DSLR. My take is that the term "True Focus" is just the marketing term Hasselblad has chosen to describe what they are doing.

For a discussion on why "focus and recompose" can cause errors maybe my thread How AF and Recompose can cause focus errors and the article it discusses might be of interest?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:58 am 
While I was writing my response you beat me to it Bob ;) I only used a different location of the article in question.

It's for this reason that Hasselblad has developed this technique. By measuring the movement of the camera it can use fairly basic math (trigonometry should do the trick I imagine) to calculate at what distance the point on which you focused before recomposing actually is located after recompositioning and adjust focus so that point is now again in the optimum focal plane.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 pm 
Thank you very much, for the response , i got the particular link to the article discussing about the function on the mentioned model. Although their presentation altogether puts one in a big confusion, but i have to agree it is an marvelous piece of engineering , a bit expensive though.

and also im left with one more question , as to " how can one focus on different areas , where areas being far and near and at different distances from the camera , also getting those areas sharp , is it possible ?"

and iam sorry cause generally my questions are a bit different , as i believe in an indepth study of everything

thank you
sreejith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:43 pm 
Fortunately a camera can get more into (subjective) focus than a single plane. To understand that you need to understand Depth Of Field.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:03 pm 
hi
hey thank you BEN , i know whats a depth of field but my work on that is goin on and im getting to know a lot through you all , so thank you for that.

sreejith