Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:52 am 
Been toying arround with water tonight, larger version on Flickr in my signature.

Water droplet meteorite

Erupting water ripple

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:47 am 
Hi MartinB,

nice pictures with good light and sharpness!

I'm curious by the the colored...I don't know what they are. On the first one it looks a bit like fire or flame..maybe even an electrical spark, but I imagine you wouldn't do that near water..lol.

The second one I'm having an even harder time understanding..like a geyser of colored light.

Whatever it is, it looks very interesting and I'm dying to know what it is?!! lol.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 pm 
Heya LahLahSr thanks for the interest, i usually do those kind of test during the bad weather days and since spring is taking a while to take off here there is plenty of occasion.

first and second pics i had a clear bowl of water siting on a CD the one with the silver coating is more reflective, on the second pic i got a bit lucky i think, a droplet collided with another coming out of the water impact.

if you plan to have fun doing this i advise you to put a clear UV filter because youll have water all over your lens hehe.

yesturday i tried a new technique with a flat glass and a CD under to make a water ripple crown but i didnt get any cool results, its a bit touchy with the lights angles to get the best results possible.

here is an exemple of what i mean by a water ripple crown, this one im using a normal surface.

thats the best i could do to explain what i did considering my first language is french, so happy testing and if you plan to do a few test i cant wait to see your results.