Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:24 pm 
Hi, i went to a local airshow earlier today and here are some of my best photo's what do you think i would really appriciate on some honest feedback on how to improve, thank's i hope you like.

Last edited by Charming-Pig on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:45 pm 
wow thats amazing.. number 4 and all th eones like it are amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:07 pm 

I agree number 4 is cool and I really like the last one.

I did notice you might have a dust spot on a few on these. What aperture were you using for these???

Canon EOS 30/33 and Pentax MX/ME Super
Rollei 35S

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:09 pm 
Thanks, no.4 is my best too the aperture was around between f6-f12 most time's during those I am not very good at picking aperture's yet i have only been taking photo's for around 4month's so still got alot to learn, also my sensor is quite dirty didn't realise til i got home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:48 pm 
Hi Charming-Pig,

those are some really, really nice shots you got there! A wealth of dynamic action conveyed through them and the texture of the sky and smoke trails adds a strong three-dimensional feel to them.

My personal favorite among them is actually the first one, to a great extent because of how the sky looks.

However, I found myself pouring over the whole series really enjoying how well you captured the feel of these jets.

In a few places there's a little purple fringing in the highlights - secondary lateral chromatic aberrations. It's an artifact of your lens-glass. You need a truly apochromatic lens, which costs too much to even consider. Since you clearly had to take these shots from quite a distance and since you have no control of the Sun's position, there's really very little you could have done to avoid this - if you care about it, some careful post-processing can help adjust for this.

Thank you for sharing these - this is some of the best action/viation-shots I've seen in a long time!!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:26 pm 
Thankyou very much! I knew when i bought the lens that i would have some disavantage's but i guess you get what you pay for hopfully in the year's to come i can get a good collection of glass, I will be sure to check the processing you mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:46 am 
Sorry double post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:10 pm 
Nice shots, especielly 3 and 4. Never seen anything like that, and i really like'd that first time i saw it, it was some great pictures illustrating it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:37 am 

Holy... erh... duck?
Awesome pictures. Love them and I cant say that too much. Maybe also because i always wanted to be a fighter pilot (actually i still do).
But beautiful pictures, no matter what...

Canon EOS 400D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF 50mm f/1.8
My Photos - My webpage (danish)

Last edited by Noceo on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:44 am 
Wow, some very nice shots of the smoke trails.

Watch out for dust!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:11 pm 
Really superb captures....

Every photo convey a kind of action.... :)

As LahlahSr said.... really superb action captures.....
good work... Congrats man....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:11 pm 
Wow! Absolutely incredible!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:12 pm 
SWEET!

the 3rd is my fav .... its like they are comming right at you!