Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:06 am 

Here's a pic from our 4WD clubs Winch Challenge in Queenstown last Saturday. Basically the course entails driving as far as you can thru the muck, get stuck, then the winchman (the passenger) has to leap out and secure the winch rope round a handy tree or similar in order to winch the truck out. Secured in front of the truck you can see the ground anchor, this is used much like a boat anchor when there's no handy tree to take advantage of. Then you move on to the next obstacle and do it all again. It's much easier taking photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:27 am 

looks like a load of fun... and that ground anchor is an ingenious idea, never heard of it before.

... plus this guy went the extra mile and wrapped is entire 4x4 with roll-bars :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm 

now THAT is a mudd puddle! I like the part where you are in the mudd puddle, but that slide into the mudd, on that slick part behind you...makes me think I would be a keen observer, and NOT sitting in the cab.
that part where the winchman jumps out and.....uh. NO.

Wonderful shot...captures the intensity, and the motion..great detail..pretty near perfect lighting...great job, audioman

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:23 am 
that's going to be a lot of cleaning :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:50 am 
Think I would prefer to keep mine clean as well and keeping in with the standard of a "Chelsea Tractor".... :lol: