Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How to stop this action
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:16 pm 
I have tried all the settings on my Canon s5is to stop the action of my Ceiling Fan just for practice.

Not being successfull at all. I am now going to see an airshow and not sure what settings I should try there?
Thanks for any suggestions

I tried TV mode 1/50 and continues shooting.
Tried the sports setting and manual as well.

I am sure I just must have overlooked something somewhere. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:04 pm 
You're going to need a much faster shutter than 1/50th to capture a ceiling fan.

Your best bet is to freeze it by firing the flash.

For action shots, you'll need a very fast shutter, not so much continuous, although that would be nice as well.

For the air show, you should hopefully be okay since your outside, but just remember to get the shutter as fast as possible without going underexposed.

Best,
-Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:53 pm 
Sdrummer wrote:
You're going to need a much faster shutter than 1/50th to capture a ceiling fan.

Your best bet is to freeze it by firing the flash.

For action shots, you'll need a very fast shutter, not so much continuous, although that would be nice as well.

For the air show, you should hopefully be okay since your outside, but just remember to get the shutter as fast as possible without going underexposed.

Best,
-Sean

Thanks for the tip, I changed the settings to the highest at 1/2000 and used the flash. Works good on the ceiling fan.

Another hour from now I'll be at the airshow hope it works well.
Thanks again.