Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vancouver Triathlon 2008
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:16 am 
I was out shooting some photos from the triathlon today and so a little pictorial story of todays events! Didn't get much of the running unfortunately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:25 pm 
Boo hoo hoo! Either my photographic coverage of the event are so incredible, you're all lost for words or they suck so badly, you're all lost for words!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:09 am 
Great Pics Welly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:03 pm 

just took me a minute to straggle down here....

these are awesome photos...I love the men in the wet suits, getting into the water, with all of the spay...and then chugging out...the girl on the bike presents a new angle, and the lighting on these are eggggsellent..

hope you will post some more!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:27 pm 
The two I like the most are in order of the first being 1, last being etc, numbers 2 and 7. The second one might have been better off with a smaller dof aperture (smaller number), but I do find all the photographers on the other side amusing :lol: . I like number 7 as it is, to put it bluntly a good shot, and just stands out.

Shame about the girl in number 5 being cut in half so to speak. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:31 pm 
I would try a crop on number 5 to focus more attention on the rider. I feel that at the moment the shot is sort of in limbo - not quite close enough, or could be a bit wider.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:35 pm 
Thanks for the comments guys, appreciated! Just needed a bit of feedback as I was more happy with this shoot than I have been for most others previously. I got more shots that I've kept than throw away!

Gregory, fair point about number 5 although I was a little less interested in the fact she was on a bike and more about the rider herself. Mark, I'll try cropping it as you suggested and that might emphasise what I was trying to do.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:44 pm 
Welly wrote:
Thanks for the comments guys, appreciated! Just needed a bit of feedback as I was more happy with this shoot than I have been for most others previously. I got more shots that I've kept than throw away!

Gregory, fair point about number 5 although I was a little less interested in the fact she was on a bike and more about the rider herself. Mark, I'll try cropping it as you suggested and that might emphasise what I was trying to do.

Cheers!

I meant that the shot would have been better portrait and with the entire rider and bike in frame. :wink: