Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:01 pm 
Hey guys.

Took this (well, this and a few others, need to charge camera battery) on Monday at Oulton Park, UK.

Camera is a Panasonic DMC-FZ8. It's a nice camera, but i've out-grown it now. Which is a shame, because I saved for months for it.

Unfortunately, having been re-downloaded from DeviantArt, the EXIF data has gone but i'll re-post it on here when I charge my camera and copy the rest of the photos.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:44 am 
Forgot to say any comments welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:49 pm 
An excellent Shot mark :)

Panasonic FZ8 ofcourse is a great bridge camera

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:46 am 
great shot mark! looks like the riders must have been accelerating out of a corner. did you pan with the riders? also how close were you and did you use zoom? what do you mean you've already out grown your camera? are you considering a DSLR? post more shots if you've got em

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:27 pm 
Sorry for the looooooooooong delay in replying, forgot about this thread :oops:

Tomis - Yes, the riders where coming out of a corner at about 110 mph and yes I did pan with the riders, used shutter priority mode for 1/25th of a second, I think. I had the zoom out full, 432mm equivalent and ISO at 200, hence some of the noise.

I've started getting into wedding photography a lot now, so am in need of a camera that can handle higher ISOs than the FZ8, which shows noise at 200 or above.

Looking at the Nikon D80 towards the end of the year, but being 16, it takes a loooooooong time to save up for things like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:02 pm 
I like it. Although it seems soft, don't know if it's just because i had a long day or what.

And about the saving thing: I totally know what you mean. Young photographers, takes sooo much time to save up :)