I wanted to share a couple sports shots I took on the weekend. Being a passionate mountain biker, I went to watch the final stage of the 'Cape Epic'
mountain bike stage race which ended just outside of Cape Town.
This is possibly one of the hardest in the world at 966km
long and 18 529m
total climbing over 9 days! It now attracts a full field of pro international riders.
1. The reception committee.
2. Getting the crowds going.
3. The final stage finish line sprint.
4. Lots of emotion after 9 days of hard racing.
5. A 'battle weary' competitor.
6. Lot's of pro photographers follow the race now.
7. The race winners giving their thanks to the crowds.
8. Mountain bike legend Bart Brentjens (NED).
9. Cleaning up before the podium presentations.
10. "Are you going to sign up for this madness next year?"