Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:55 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:35 am 
Hi all,
I wanted to share a couple sports shots I took on the weekend. Being a passionate mountain biker, I went to watch the final stage of the 'Cape Epic' mountain bike stage race which ended just outside of Cape Town.
This is possibly one of the hardest in the world at 966km long and 18 529m total climbing over 9 days! It now attracts a full field of pro international riders.
http://www.cape-epic.com

1. The reception committee.

2. Getting the crowds going.

3. The final stage finish line sprint.

4. Lots of emotion after 9 days of hard racing.

5. A 'battle weary' competitor.

6. Lot's of pro photographers follow the race now.

7. The race winners giving their thanks to the crowds.

8. Mountain bike legend Bart Brentjens (NED).

9. Cleaning up before the podium presentations.

10. "Are you going to sign up for this madness next year?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:01 pm 
Hi Roland,

I quite like those shots and it looks like a fun event to photograph at, not least to dribble over all those white lenses!! :P

I think that some of the images could benefit from some careful cropping. It was obviously difficult to get your camera out past the rest and there are quite a few stray hands and lenses creeping in to distract in the foreground (pics 2, 3, 4 and 7.) Cropping them out would allow the eye to concentrate on the image you had in mind.

Also, a quick note about number 4. You've captured quite an intimate/special moment there but there's too much going on around the two riders. Try cropping so that they become the main focus of the image. That way when someone looks at the photo, they'll see the embrace immediately instead of having to look twice. 8) Other than the framing I really like that pic. The flung down bikes give a real indication of what they have just achieved.

Hope my comments have been constructive and you find them useful.

Mark
8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:23 am 
Thanks for the comments Mark.