Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: rollerblading
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:19 pm 
hello,

so ive taken a few pictures of me and my friends skating can everyone tell me what they think :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrick_ma ... otography/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:00 am 
I think that a fish eye lens would be a good tool for shots like sliding down the hand rail's.

Shots are nice, but I think you may be to far away from the subject(s) :idea:

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:33 am 
In some of the pictures, I think the flash hit the ground instead of the object.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:17 pm 
You've captured nice positions, because you can tell the difference between each trick.
However I'm guessing you used your built in flash? The light isn't placed where it should be but i understanf that getting closer isn't always easy

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:22 pm 
Nick12984 wrote:
I think that a fish eye lens would be a good tool for shots like sliding down the hand rail's.

Shots are nice, but I think you may be to far away from the subject(s) :idea:

Nick

i agree with this, beacuse it makes the picture look really neat. If u like rather extreme sports, like skateboarding rollebalading and surgin and whot not. Specialy the sports on land you will find that the movies or shot taken of these events are done with a fisheye lens and i think that a lens that is perfectly suitable for situation like these.

Coming to your images, in some shots your flash has been aimed to low? did u use the camera flash or another flash?

i gotta learn how to use my SB 600 to the fullest so i m no expert i m just sharing my opinion

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:46 pm 
You don't necessarily need a fish-eye (or even an ultra-wide), as others have suggested - the effects would be fantastic, but here you need to get down to a basic element of photography: get close to your subject. If you're afraid that you might interfere with the action, use your telephoto. I spy from your signature you've a 70-300 Sigma.

With regards to the flash, all has been said about that. That's a big area to improve on.

Interesting shots, but a lot of work needed to get breathtaking action shots.

Thanks for sharing.