Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Paragliders!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:01 am 
Hello everyone! I had to be patient to take these pics, not that i waited for these paragliders to fly by, but the customers who had paid for a flight came 30 minutes late :lol:

Camera Model:D80
Lens and focal length:18-135 @ 48mm
Aperture:4.8
Shutter Speed:1/1250
Sensitivity:500

Lens and focal length:18-135 @ 48mm
Aperture:5.6

Lens and focal length:18-135 @ 95mm
Aperture:5.6

Comments are welcome, i hope these peaceful gliders fit the action section (their takeoff is quite rapid!)

Theres more on my flickr

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:41 pm 
That is really cool and great scenery.. i would be too scared to paraglide or do anything that involves a parachute or bungee cord or something because if something goes wrong you dont just catch yourself your 1000's of feet in the air and something goes wrong its not good.. but anyway those are fantastic shots and very vibrant colors but maybe just tad over exposed because the colors are kinda like blinding there really really bright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:45 pm 
Hey Quentin,

very cool!! and a difficult subject as these guys can't exactly pose for you when hanging on to dear life.

Good powerful colors and great to have that sense of altitude through your backgrounds.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:55 pm 
Thanks for the comments guys,

Like you said, emp93, i believe they are a little too overexposed. I took several pratice shots moment before butI couldn't really tell on the back of my screen because of the daylight.
And Lah, I insisted on the powerful colorful colors (even on the strings) by setting the white balnce on vivid+. i can't tell you if that really made the yellow and red pop out but i'm happy with the result.

Quentin