Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:34 pm 
Heading to Oman for a surf trip next weekend and was wandering if anyone had any photo top tips and handy hints.

Blog post here if your interested http://ianganderton.wordpress.com/2011/ ... i-with-me/

I'll be taking my new 550D with its 18 to 135 kit lens (only one I've got). I have a gorilla pod (SLR) with a ball head attached. I've got a polarising filter and a ND3 filter. The 550D is magic lanterned too.

I know the lens is a bit short as I've messed with it down at the beach already but its all I've got so will make do but any top tips on how best to make do gratefully received.

I've been messing with a bit of timelapse so will play with that too while I'm there. I've got an old but excellent Powershot 720IS that I've installed CHDK onto which means I can run intervalometer scripts on meaning I dont chew through my shutter on the 550D while I learn what I need to learn.

here are some photos taken with the 550D as I've been learing my way around. PP has been done in Picasa and they've all had the hell cropped out of them :?

CC and all other info gratefully received