Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:43 pm 
Hi All,

I've been quite a reader of camera labs, and just realized that i havent registerred on forums yet. So here you go :)

I am just a beginner in photography but have got an idea of some little project, i wanted to share with people.

The idea is to arrange a stage with some action - interlock between some spec ops and their foes. Kind of same as CNN posts often from Iraq or something, but just staged.

Need to plan lots of things:

1) Uniforms of models (people)
2) Location(s)
3) Scenes

Any ideas, tips or suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Oleg, welcome to the Cameralabs forums! That certainly sounds like an interesting project!

Will there be moving action or will it be posed? I'm also not quite sure what you have in mind - do you have an example you can show us? Maybe a screengrab from the TV?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:24 pm 
Hi Gordon, thanks for welcomes!

I think if would be the best to use combination of movement and poses.
I googled for some pics and found few examples:

Will have to get a tank somewhere, can anyone lend for a day or two? :)

Well, simple i think... Just dress people up, and do what ever you want

Looks like from some kind of a hollywood movie, I like the perspective

and this one is quite large, so I will put a link:
http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/jeffwall/image/roomguide/rm8_dead_troops_lrg.jpg It does looks simple as well. I wonder if blood can be replaced with tomato juice, or something

Still looks interesting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmm, well it's not my cup of tea personally, but it's still an interesting project! Not sure where you'll get the military hardware though! And if it's too realistic, the police may also take an interest in your activities!

Why not volunteer as a runner or an extra on a small local movie or TV production? Then you'll see how they do it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:03 am 
Well, about hardware... I was thinking of renting airsoft things, sure there are no tanks or helicopters, but uniform and guns seem to be fine.

Good thing with volunteering, will try to dig deeper into it (nice way of spending vacation days from work, hehe :) )

It is also getting cold here in Czech :\ So probably we'll do it in spring or something