Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 pm 

Hi all.
Been to a few air shows this year, been good to get into photography having brought a FZ38, maybe not up to DSLR standards but very capable and im still learning!
Here's a few pics from Dunsfold Wings & Wheels this year.
Its where they film BBC Top Gear. Good day out and just up the road :D
The one of the Vulcan as its flying away is my fav, these are just cropped and nothing else in photoshop.

More of my efforts here...
http://s93.photobucket.com/home/gonzinigonz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:40 am 

love the first shot, really nice shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:27 pm 

Some nice ones there Gonz.

No.1 (Spit/Mustang) and No.7 (Hurribomber) are the best for me (and possibly No.5 of the Lanc).

Keep it up.

Pentax k-30 and k-x with DAL 18-55mm and DAL 55-300mm, Tamron 18-50mm and Camera Labs Straps.....hang on, where's my towel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:35 pm 

Cheers guys, im no hardened years of experienced ability type yet, but im getting more into it as i get better results.
The resolution of most of these is much higher but i shunk them down a bit too much i think and Photobucket compresses them down even more.
Maybe i should of cropped them a bit more so the planes fill the frame up, is that more the done thing though i guess with these sort of shots? i know there's no rules as such but maybe good practice.
I think im at the limit with the zoom on the FZ38 with most of these but i have one of a Harrier that was very close that came out really good and detailed. That's in the link under the last pic to rest on Photobucket.
I'm still fumbling a bit with the settings on the camera but its getting easier to know how to set things for different shots.
Dunsfold's worth a visit if you in the UK and nearby. Its not really over crowded and its a friendly atmosphere. Cheap as well at £16 for the day.