Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:58 pm 
Hi

recently i have taken up taking photos at race events

the pictures are turning out fine apart from the nose of the cars (LMP1) appears very soft in comparison to the rest of the photos

the camera i am using is a panasonic fz-28

any suggestions on how to improve the photos very much appriciated

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27749817@N ... ms_photos/ (the 6 photos under the my username)

(apologies if this is in the wrong area)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 pm 
when it comes to shooting motor sports panning is almost your only option. When I say panning I am talking about following the subject with your camera as it moves. The trick to this is using a slow shutter speed. depending on your lenses focal length you may want to shot from 1/40th to 1/125th of a second.

Gordon, The editor of Camera Labs has a great tutorial explaining furhter how do do this and you can find it on his other site here:

http://www.dslrtips.com/workshops/How_to_blur_action_photos/panning_action_photo.shtml

P.S. To get the same panning motion from the front of a car you will need a zoom lens. as the car comes closer zoom out to keep it in same spot of the frame and try your best to keep it the same size in the frame.

Please let me know if you have any questions.