Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to our Action and Sports Photography forum!

This is the place to share your action and sports photography tips or ask any questions about the subject!

To post a photo in this forum, simply make a copy, resize it to max. 1024 pixels wide, save it as a JPEG, then upload it to your own webspace.

Then take the URL (web address) for the photo including http:// and in your post on this forum, type [img]immediately%20before%20the%20URL%20and[/img] immediately afterwards. Don't use any spaces. You can then preview the posting before submitting it to make sure it's worked.

Any inappropriate images will be deleted.

The Camera Labs team.

Last edited by Gordon Laing on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:59 pm 

Excellent idea, Camera Labs team!
What would be interesting points to explore?
- a collection of links to famous sports/action photographers
- a discussion about the benefit of having a big lens with a wide aperture vs cranking up the ISO of the camera body
- exchanging ideas and experiences on the protection of your equipment against the elements (eps. water) , when you shoot under bad conditions or try to capture some action in/on/under water (like sailing/surfing/swimming/diving) (b.t.w. there is some website dedicated to diving: http://wetpixel.com/ )
- reports from people about the ability of their automatic focus systems under fast moving action oriented conditions (another Canon vs Nikon vs Sony debate :twisted: )

I'd love to see these discussions started...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:32 pm 

You're very welcome to show/link your photos here.
When you do, please follow these hints/tips:
1. Place your photos somewhere (like flickr, or your own website). You cannot store pictures at the Camera labs website!
2. If you just want to link to your pics, that's easy! Use the following scheme:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/your-name/937299495/][u]your-descriptive-text[/u][/url]
or more simple [url=link2pic][u]text[/u][/url]
3. If you want your photo to be displayed in your post with a link to the original, replace the descriptive text by the address for your thumbnail like this:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/your-name/937299495/][img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1263/937299495_d694ab84a1_m.jpg[/img][/url]
or more simple [url=link2web][img]link2thumbnail[/img][/url]

Please keep your thumbnails reasonable (max. 1024 pix on each side). Lager thumbnails will be deleted without further warning!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:38 pm 

I am into action photography (wild life and sports) and wish to purchase a fixed lens bridge camera:
1) Which sensor size and pixel count would be better?
2) Would a smaller zoom (e.g. x24) with a larger aperture (e.g. f2.8) throughout the zoom range be better than a larger zoom (e.g. x 50) with a smaller aperture that is not the same throughout the zoom range (e.g. f/3.4W; f/6.5T)?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 pm 

You'd be better off asking in here; viewforum.php?f=31

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:42 am 

CAMERALABSJDW wrote:
Would a smaller zoom (e.g. x24) with a larger aperture (e.g. f2.8) throughout the zoom range be better than a larger zoom (e.g. x 50) with a smaller aperture that is not the same throughout the zoom range (e.g. f/3.4W; f/6.5T)?

Depends on how far away you are from the subject (and how large the subject is) and how much light there is. (Also, actual (35mm equivalent) focal lengths would be much more helpful than the number of times multiple. e.g. 1mm-50mm is 50X but would probably not be sufficient for most sports or wildlife.)

So like Carlos said, if you have a few actual cameras (from different manufacturers) in mind, feel free to post another question with more specifics. i.e. which cameras, which sports, and which wildlife?

Mark