Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Los Angeles Marathon
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:19 pm 
The marathon passes by my house right at the 22 mile mark so decided to try my hand at some action photography. I particularly like how the cyclist's shots came out.

Tatiana Petrova from Russia, #52, won the women's division and was second overall. Her time was 2:25::59. She also participated in the Beijing Olympics.

Wesley Korir from Kenya, #14, won the men's division with a time of 2:08:25. This makes it 11 straight wins in the men's division for Kenya. He takes home $160,000 USD and a new car. Wonder if he'll keep the car and pay to ship it to Kenya or take the cash value? hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:58 am 

Great shots!
Makes my feet hurt, just thinkin about it..love the legless bikers..something intriguing about those guys..especially the "blue" one..what a great angle..and statement..you captured them well. It was a beautiful day in LA...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:06 am 
Thank you. The weather was heavily overcast and temperature was in the mid 60s which made it fantastic for the athletics but not so great for shooting photos. I overexposed each picture by +2/3 to +1 along with some extra contrast and a bit of color saturation to brighten things up in DPP.