Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:19 pm 
Hey -

These are a couple shots from a recent Auto Slalom event near Red Deer, AB.

Any comments or suggestions would help, thanks!

More photos from this set can be seen on my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/greg_axani/

- Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:56 pm 

Hi Greg,

I really like the simplicity of the 1st two pics - the DOF on the 1st and especially the composition of the trail of cones to the copse of trees on the horizon in the 2nd. No. 3 is ok but I feel there's something missing - perhaps there's too much room on the left hand side, I'm not sure. The last two are good but I don't get the impression that the cones are in much danger. The only sign that the vehicles are moving is that they're tilted over the front passenger wheel (I guess that's nearside in the US!). Am not sure how you could have accomplished the sensation of speed from your shooting angle as you are not side on to the vehicles.

Overall I think they are rather good. Did you get a chance to participate in the driving or were you just a spectator?

Jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 pm 
Due to the type of racing (solo II; lots of turns and not a lot of straight sections) it is really difficult to get a sense of speed in the photos; they end up looking like a mess.

I usually participate in racing. But, I didn’t participate this time because my car has a couple of minor issues at the moment.

Thanks for the comment!

-Greg

P.S. feel free to play around with the crop on #3 if you want

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:27 pm 

Gilarax wrote:
Due to the type of racing (solo II; lots of turns and not a lot of straight sections) it is really difficult to get a sense of speed in the photos; they end up looking like a mess.

I can appreciate where you are coming from here.

Gilarax wrote:
P.S. feel free to play around with the crop on #3 if you want

LOL, thanks. I think it was just me. Looking at it today it seems fine & after a couple of minutes playing I can see the cones definitely need the space to breathe - especially with the leading lines to the building.

Jamie