Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: camera choice-too many??
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:13 pm 
New to this site so bear with me.Both my kids are sporty and i am starting to regret not having any good photos of them.Boy plays rugby and football.Girl does Gym and netball.Am thinking of spending on a camera.Which one-
Panasonic FZ28
Canon SX1is
Panasonic DMC-gh1
thanks and hope i am not wasting your time.Cheers..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:48 am 
You are not wasting anyones time asking reasonable questions. I have the Panasonic FZ28 and although I have only had it a week or so I am very happy with it. It has an enormous zoom range so can encompass medium wide-angle to telephoto with ease and the ability to shoot raw is inavaluable if you want to sharpen up your images in post processing.
The low-light performance is not great however which means you are restricted to using additional lighting where applicable or the on-board flash. Sadly there is no provision for an add-on flash unit. The video facility is very good although the maximum continuous shooting times are restricted, the greater the quality (HD) the less time vailable.
I can not comment on the other cameras you mention but if you go for the FZ28 I am sure you won't be disappointed. Take a look at the reviews on this site and the various threads about this camera. In addition to telephoto it also has a very good macro facility so is a camera for all seasons, very versatile and good image quality.