Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:28 pm 
Hey Everyone

Went to the Sunseeker Rallye today in Dorset.. was an excellent place to try the blurred background technique as demonstrated in the tutorial section. Although i can see a lot of room for improvement I am quite pleased with these shots for 1st attempts. The only editing ive done is some cropping to make the cars dominant in the photo. I took around 250 and these are my favourite ones..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34546511@N08/?saved=1

Let me know any feedback so next time i can improve.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:49 pm 
I know cropping tight is usually the rule of thumb, but I think for rally there should always be some track also.

For instance the red Porsche is my favorite picture... The dirt flying off the back tires gives another interest point to the picture.

In the picture with the photographer I would crop him out as close as you can to his left arm, he draws my attention more than the car, but cropping him out still leaves the turn in the picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:36 pm 
thor06

Thanks - will try to recrop them to include a bit more track. Some good advice. The other photographer is my mate so i think I should leave him in :D but i take your point. I ensured he wasnt in focus so it wouldnt detract from the car too much. Cheers for ur feedback.