Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:52 pm 
Hi,
I´m looking to buy a camera and will use it for everyday purpose. But also to a great deal shooting skateboarding photos. I´ve never been big on photographing but want to learn and my question is:

Is it possible to shoot action photos(Skateboarding) with a compact camera(Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28)?

Does anyone have experience from this?
My worry is that the delay from the pressing of the button to the photo being taken is to long to capture the moment.
Thank you in advance!
BR,
Markus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:41 pm 
i would actually go for a cheap slr, like a d40 or something since most compacts take a lot of time to focus.

and the ones that are great for sports usually cost about the price of a used d40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:32 pm 
There's always the thing about "practice makes perfect". Not owning a very fast camera makes you go into the field & try as much as you can to syncronize yourself for one photo at a time,exactly in the moment you want the most. (& with a certain angle of view etc.) This is something I would do if I'm gonna take "sports-shots" with my compact. You need a lot of training. :roll: (not peachy,but if you love photography,you will endure certain patience related aspects :) )
Compact cameras and budget DSLR-s are not for sports in the true fashion of things. Still,there's a Casio camera outhere,a bit expensive,with impresive FPS performance. I forgot the model's name.