Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:07 pm 
Most of these were shot by Stan Berger with a Mark III, not sure of the lens he used. I'm only going to post a few and links to the rest as there was five contests worth and about 500 pics in total.

The links to the gallery are on Apple's MobileMe site and are best viewed using either Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer will work but you may get an warning message about certain website functions not being available

Woodstock CT

Me with my Comp-Arf 35% Extra 260 named "Casper". The kids love this plane

This one is a full scale Extra 300 that did a "show" for us.

You can see the rest http://gallery.me.com/bubbagates#100750&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Lums Pond in Delaware, after contest fun...

More at: http://gallery.me.com/bubbagates#100717&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=20

Lehigh Valley in Northeast PA

http://gallery.me.com/bubbagates#100726&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Delaware Water Gap in Northeast PA.

http://gallery.me.com/bubbagates#100744&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:51 pm 
Oh, those are NICE!!!
I am an RC Pilot myself (helicopters) and I LOVE these things!!
Loved the Blue/Silver extra!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:16 pm 
Thanks Alex,

The Silver/Blue Extra is owned by the same person the owns the private airfield we were flying at and he's an IAC competition pilot in the Advanced class. He studies with Matt Chapman. BTW.. Matt Chapman is also an RC pilot in both planes and heli's. He flies out of my home field at Lums Pond in Delaware

I do basic stuff with Heli's. Another friend of mine is into heli's big time. He builds the Television vans that run around getting stories and live video and he does a heli for everyone he builds, painted and setup exactly like the real one the station owns with one exception, all of them are turbine powered, mainly Jetcat. The last time anyone counted, he had over 100 of them. He recently got back from the China Olympics, he has been doing all the satellite communications for the Olympics for the last 20+ years so money is no object for his "toys"

He has one with a very expensive HD video camera (not sure of what make/model) hanging from it that he does video's for us at contests on occasion

Stan Berger is a great guy and one heck of a competition pilot and a pretty good photog. He's been working with me and here is some of what I did with a rented 5D over the summer which are posted on Downonthe Deck.

The settings were

Exposure time: 1/8000
F-stop: 6.3
ISO speed: 1600
White balance: Auto
Orientation: Top-left
Aperture: 5.3750
Exposure bias: 0.3333
Exposure program: Shutter priority
Custom rendered: Normal
Scene capture type: Standard
Camera make: Canon
Camera model: Canon EOS 5D

And finally, this one was done a couple of weeks ago with my Rebel XSi

I see in your signature you have the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS. I'm ordering one next Friday and was wondering how you like it. I know it's not the "L" class but it does seem to be very popular

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:00 pm 

Hi bubbagates,
Always nice to see RC stuff from your neck of the woods. I've seen many videos, jet masters and such like. Some really nice shots there.
Hope you don't mind but this is one from North Weald, Essex, England last June. Although I've been an RC pilot for many years(mainly club sports) never flown anything this big or as expensive.
This has already been posted.
Kind regards and happy flying in the up coming season
John 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:41 pm 
Hi John,

That looks like the 52% Bill Hemple Edge 540. I have his 50% Cub out in the workshop right now getting ready for next year

You know you do not need big planes like these to have fun. I still own my very first trainer and my second SIG Four Star 120. The Four star goes with me every time and Casper is mainly used now for charity work (I volunteer for Make a Wish). The kids flock to that plane. There are so many shots of Casper all over the place. I use this 40% Carden Cap232 for competition (Shot with my old Point and Shoot)

BTW...Great shot