Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:10 pm 
Had a good half day out with my friends who was doing some testing on his race car.

Lucky I brought my gears with me, was a good time to test the new Nikon D700 and Nikkor AF-S 70-300VR

Here are some of my pics:

See more on my website:
http://www.dfimages.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:23 pm 
AWESOME pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:31 pm 
the shutter speed u had going is clearly a perfect one because the cars are perfectly sharp, next time u should try slower and slower to achieve a better and better effect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:46 pm 
thanks guys.

Yes i had tried pushin the shutter down to around 1/100, the background blur were good, but my focus blur out too :oops: , will need more practices i guess.

at the end i just stick with 1/160-1/200 as i have to get some clean shots for my friend. only took 50 or so of action shots that day so i am pretty happy with the keeper rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:28 am 
what the hell, what do u mean 1/200? are the cars really that fast? when i was on the highway practising panning my shutters were from 1/15 - 1/30 ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:17 am 
Keep in mind that he was using a 70-300mm telephoto lens. When panning at such long focal lengths, you need a faster shutter speed to avoid to much blur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:36 am 
when I'm taking photos of mountain bikes, i can rarely go bellow 1/125 or they start to get some blur (unless you are supper perfect!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:42 am 
Anel-slo wrote:
what the hell, what do u mean 1/200? are the cars really that fast? when i was on the highway practising panning my shutters were from 1/15 - 1/30 ....

were u on the highway in another movin car travellin similar speed as your shooting subject or were u standin on the side of highway and shoot subject?

there are big differences between the two. second to last pic, the CLK was doing at around 180-190 kms/hr coming out of a long coner.

Post subject: Its A WOW!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:30 pm 
its just up to the viewers to see whether its good or bad for their eyes but for me Its simply Amazing pictures..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:10 pm 

Pretty steady work :shock: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:25 pm 
Just GREAT!!!
I loved the panning!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:47 pm 
Thats some sweet pannings you've got there.
Good teqnique

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:00 pm 
Absolutely amazing photos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:30 pm 

awsome shots, really crystal clear!

do you mind telling me how you did them, i know it sounds wierd but i'm having a problem with panning, ie, did you use a mono-pod, manual focus or auto?