Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:27 am 
So Yesterday was my first day with my Canon Rebel XSi. So these are the best ones in my opinion. I messed around with the saturation and contrast a bit too.

any criticism would be great since this was my first time using my camera. Let me know how the actual pictures are, and the editing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:44 am 
My favorite is #2. Gives me an impression of action/movement. Very nice.
The #1 I think is good but the focus is more on the tree on the right than on the player.
#3 is good but, as I said, #2 gives such an impression of action so.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:59 am 
these are all very good shoots that really give you the vibe of paintballing, however they are all taken at the same ordinary angle that you are used to seeing when you paintball. maybe you could try some more creative angles such as a shot of them aiming at you (if you trust them) by the way #1 is my favorite as i feel i am stalking my prey in this shot ready to strike! great job, post some more shots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:27 am 

I think you have the right idea, just work on getting interesting angles. Try getting down low. I like these though. I used to play paintball and it's quite a rush, btw has your camera gotten hit yet? Lol, I'd be scared it would get paint all over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:46 am 
Lol, no it hasn't gotten shot yet. I have been shot though, but i covered the camera.

Thanks for the comments guys. But any criticism on the editing? The 1st and second i messed with, and the 3rd is straight from the camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:36 am 
Hmmm... what did you do to #1 & 2? could you possible post the originals or put them up on your flickr?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:39 am 
Hi, im a not too good at composition my self so no offences. :roll:
but in No.3 the foreground is very interesting but there is a little too much of it, you could have rather chsnged yout angle a lil bit to get a little backgroung (woods in this case), and further adding those naked trees in the back ground would have given a better contrast to the shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:14 am 

Image[/img]

so let me know what you guys think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:03 am 
Very Nice! #1 is my favorite, nice crop! great shots!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:04 am 
I like the second set of shots, from the speedball field, especially the first one, with the player scrambling on the ground. Good composition, it gives the impression of movement. Good action shot.

I also prefer the exposure of these two images, as well. I think your first set may be a little over-exposed for my taste. But the second batch you posted is a little darker, and they have better contrast and sharpness than the first set.

Nice captures. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:15 pm 
thanks guys.

ive read that for paintball cropping tight is the best thing to do. So ive been cropping as tight as possible while not taking out anything interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:58 am 
Thor06, what are you shooting with? if you have a decent zoom that could come in very handy. maybe next time one of these guys starts railing on someone you could capture a paintball exiting the barel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:52 am 
Awesome pictures.

Did you shoot actually on the field? I've been contemplating going to take some pictures of my brother at a practice, but I don't want to put my gear in danger...

I especially like the speedball ones though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:37 pm 
im still shooting with the kit lense, since i still regularly play paintball, and i just bought the camera... im broke.

getting a lens will definetly help get better shots, and im still working to find some good angles during games.

and Eric D ive seen camera's get shot, and all the photographers say nothing happens to the gear.. the hardest part is cleaning it after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:11 pm 
yeah paintballs leave a nasty residue plus they dont taste good