Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Canon EOS 400D new user
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:04 pm 
Hi,
Very happy to have found this site as i'm sure that there's a lot to learn here. Since January i am the proud owner of the Canon EOS400d and so far I'm really happy with results, but i know that there's much more that I can achieve using this wonderful toy.
I like studio photography although it's been quite some time since i used my Portaflash kit and would like to try it on the Canon. It doesn't seem there is any direct way to connect the strobes to camera...or is there?
Can you help me on this one, please?
Thanks and will certainly keep coming back to this site
Regards

Stephen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Stephen, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

Do your lights require a PC Sync socket? If so you should be able to buy a PC Sync adapter which fits onto your flash hotshoe, although only go for one which is guarenteed to work with the 400D, becuase some models could damage your camera.

Don't take a risk with one which doesn't implicitly state compatibility with your camera!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:24 am 
Hi Gordon thanks for your prompt reply. Yes it connects with a PC Sync socket I used it with my now inoperable Pentax MEF. Will try to find a compatible adapter, and will browse the Canon site maybe it's listed in their accessories list. Better not take any risks if this results in permanent damage to the camera. Is it safe to buy this adaptor online, do you think?

Thanks again

Stephen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, it should be safe to buy it online, so long as it's from a reputable supplier - check www.resellerratings.com to find out...

But do make sure it's guarenteed to work with your camera.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:27 pm 
Thanks, Gordon. Will certain be careful before buying the adaptor.

Will be back with more queries soon.

Thakns again

Stephen