Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:59 am 

Hi folks,

For those of you fortunate enough to own either of the 1DMkIII or 1DsMkIII models Canon has released a little gift:

EOS-1D Mark III Firmware Update Version 1.2.3

Firmware Changes

This firmware update (Version 1.2.3) incorporates the following improvements.
  1. Includes the following new features that were frequently requested by customers to the new firmware.
    1. Direct selection of AF points by the Multi-controller is added to C.Fn III-9.
    2. Alternate access to Exposure compensation is added to C.Fn IV-3.
    3. With the camera’s External Speedlite control menu, Flash function settings can be used to set the Wireless setting and Zoom.
  2. Improves the stability of AF accuracy in AI servo AF when shooting extremely low-contrast subjects.
The Version 1.2.3 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.3. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

EOS-1Ds Mark III Firmware Update Version 1.1.2

Firmware Changes

This firmware update (Version 1.1.2) incorporates the following improvements.
  1. Includes the following new features that were frequently requested by customers to the new firmware.
    1. Direct selection of AF points by the Multi-controller is added to C.Fn III-9.
    2. Alternate access to Exposure compensation is added to C.Fn IV-3.
  2. Improves the stability of AF accuracy in AI servo AF when shooting extremely low-contrast subjects.

The Version 1.1.2 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.6. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:40 pm 
DSG store's i.e. Currys Currys.digital Dixons and PCWorld are doing these two DSLR's on line on their website so these camera's might become abit more common as well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:13 pm 

Wow. According to their web-site as I write Dixons have sold out of 1Ds MkIII cameras and their price is currently only a little over £300 more expensive than Jessops who do actually have it in stock. Mind you, that £300 might be worth it just for the entertainment value of seeing the camera demonstrated in the store. :P

If anyone is tempted then our affiliate stores are amongst the cheapest places to buy the 1DsMkIII. Jessops offers it for £4800 and you can collect at the store. Start your shopping by clicking on one of the links on that affiliate stores page and Gordon could afford to retire to New Zealand on the commission. Whoops, he already has. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:48 pm 
haha.. i cant even afford to dream.. i heard alot of stories as Dixons has been providing these high end DSLR's to many pro photographers through PC Business as these camera's were introduced on their website for a long time. But anways, i rather will fullfill my dreams playing around with them if my store get to be the lucky one to introduce them as certain stores would do live demonstrations. But if my store do just that, i would have to raise my knowledge level to perform those demonstrations :shock:
I have had a go through 1d once in York.

so, is Gordon getting paid from the affiliate store's? that is well good :)

anyways have you seen on the advert of 5D they have the body in silver colour or is the megnisium body been shown off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Bob, you call this retirement?!

h.akbar13, yep, price-checking via the pricegrabber panels on each review and sales through affiliate stores are what pays for cameralabs. Without either, we wouldn't exist.

See: http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Affil ... ping.shtml