Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:05 pm 

Hmm, you cannot take html-pages as pics.
But as hard as I tried, I also could not get the pics address-path from fotopic. They seem to have some Java-script running that prevents that.

Last edited by Thomas on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:30 pm 

Thomas,

Not sure if I understand the issue. Do you need to know the raw URL of the image?

If so, for instance, on page http://roy-matthews.fotopic.net/p41915370.html if you right-click on the page (but not on the photo) and with Firefox select "View Page Source" (or "View Source" in IE) and examine the HTML you can quickly see that the image path is http://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=yn0e36&outx=800&quality=70.

As set up here using the advanced JavaScript settings to retain the normal context menus, Firefox offers an even easier way to find this. Just right-click on the image and select "Copy Image Location".

That said, then as you know unless the copyright holder has specifically granted the right to download and save an image or to use its URL to incorporate an image into your own web pages then doing so probably constitutes an offence in law.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:34 pm 

But Image doesn't work too! So there is a prob with this kind of image path...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:01 pm 

Location: "Atlantic View" Bracknell, SE Berkshire, UK. 51° 25'10.42"N 0°45'41.15"W
Lets try this then

[/img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/defiant/528691341/[img]

[/img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/defiant/528691347/[img]

Something not quite right here it ain't working for me

A quick edit to correct the links (Phil Lee)

My Fotopic :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Roy, I can't speak for the actual flickr address part, but any image you'd like to post must have [img]at%20the%20front%20and[/img] at the end. So your first link is correct in that respect, but the other two aren't...

Hopefully Thomas can resolve the actual flickr address bit. Maybe there's only some flickr image sizes you can do this with...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:34 am 

Yup, you have again used a url that links to the page with picture, not directly to the pic - that would be an adress with .jpg at its end!
It seems that I cannot find out about the direct link, but you as an owner can:
- just click on "all sizes" on your picture page
- under "available sizes" click on the size you want to show in this forum, e.g. the 75x100 thumbnail
- below the picture you'll see a line "2. Grab the photo's URL:"
- copy this line (should start with "farm2.static.flickr...")
- NOW you can use the [img]...farm2.static.flickr...[/img] markers to make the thumbnail show in your articel.

As an example here is the flickr-adress of one of my photos: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1158/525 ... 50c7_t.jpg
Just include this in and you're done...

This works with every size of flickr images, but you can do it only with your own photos. With the photos of other people you have to link to the respective url with [url]...[/url].
Just be careful not to use the original size here in the forum, because that would annoy visitors that don't have the fastest connection. What I do is show the thumbnail, like the 75x100 so that people know what to expect and than add a link to the larger sized variants.

Oh, and b.t.w.: the variant with "1. Copy and paste this HTML into your webpage:" doesn't work in the context of this forum. Must be too much html-code...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Roy, it'd be great to read your views of the 70-300mm DO in a new posting in our User Review section if you have time!

Gordon