Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Canon S120
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:20 pm 

Hi, I am thinking of the Canon S120 to purchase. What I can not find is whether or not the camera supports either a wired or wireless shutter switch. Even using a tripod my hand can shake enough when pushing down on the shutter button and blurs the picture especially if taking a night shot with longer shutter speed. If this camera does not, what camera similar in functions and what not should I be looking at?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Canon S120
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:29 am 

First the bad news: I'm pretty sure there's no way to trigger the S120's shutter remotely because a) Gordon's review specifically notes the lack of wireless capability, and b) I'm not aware of any wired remotes for Canons point-and-shoot models, mostly just DSLRs. (Although, the RS60E3 also lists the G1 X and G16 as compatible. So you might consider one of those cameras.)

Or, as long as exact timing isn't necessary, you should be able to get comparable results with the self-timer function (which Gordon's review does briefly mention, so I'm assuming the S120 has one).

HTH - Mark

Post subject: Re: Canon S120
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:12 pm 

Thanks Mark,

Will be researching the G16 now.

frodo