Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:06 pm 

Hello all, I'm primarily a gig photographer and as such use available light. Recently I've noticed that I'm having to go to max ISO of 1600 whereas I've been able to get quality images from an ISO of half that or less. I mainly use a 30D which I've had from new (7yrs) so know exactly how it's been treated . Any ideas, or is it just age? I love this piece of kit and am loathe to upgrade.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:17 pm 

Save exposure to direct sunlight or some other form of intense light, I would expect the shutter mechanism to break before there being a fault with the sensor.

I hate to ask the obvious but are you having to shoot at higher ISOs because there's less light available or you're shooting at faster shutter speeds or smaller apertures?

Last edited by Rorschach on Wed May 08, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:33 pm 

Hi, Rorschach none of the above I'm afraid I was at a bike rally last weekend and the lighting was superb the same as last year when I shot the same rally. I usually shoot wide open at about a 60th all my glass has image stabilisation so frankly I'm stumped
Regards
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:52 am 

This is the thing that I don't hear everyday. But theoretically, it is possible considering a 7 years old camera. May be it's time for an upgrade?