Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:51 pm 

hello,I have a canon 3300 IS.I wish to disable the automatic built in date and time because it makes downloading to W7 pictures a real pain.I am not talking about the stamp,but the built in date and time.I need to use my XP pc for all picture activity because when I put the card in to the XP pc,I see all the pics on the card and can DL or delete any pics.on W7,no pics are shown so I dont get to pick,I have to DL all pics then see files with a certain number of pics in each,,XP doesnt do this and I think its because of the date and time built into the canon.There is really no reason to have this feature on a camera IMO.The daily or monthly option for files on the canon is the problem,I would rather not go back to film,if there is a way to disable.I am sure most people love this,but its not needed and causes issues,well,thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:19 am 

Sounds to me like you need to change your explorer view in Win7 to one of the icon views.

Or at the very least, sound to me like a Computer operating system issue, not a Canon issue.

HTH - Mark