Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Camera Technical issue
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 am 
Hi,
I have a Connon EOS Rebel T3. I am trying to figure out how to make my wireless remote work. I am kinda clueless, I went through the manual for the camera and saw nothing and the instructions with the wireless didnt help much. Am I missing something?

Last edited by Bjorn van Sinttruije on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inappropriate signature, please refer to Forum Guidelines

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:43 am 

Hey buddy,

What sort of wireless remote is it? I take it that it's some sort of third-party affair with a receiver that sits on the hotshoe and you have the wireless shutter in your hand?

In either case, it would really help if you advised us of the brand and model?

CSCs: Panasonic DMC-GF3
Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm 
It is a third party type like you described. Pro Master brand wireless shutter release. It just says on it for Cannon using RS-60 and RS-80 connectors. I'm sorry If I come of stupid about this stuff. I am an amature model and now that I moved I am also my own photographer, so I am just starting to learn all the cool things my camera can do.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:21 pm 

No worries and no, I never thought you came off as stupid. We've all been guilty of schoolboy errors in one shape or form. :mrgreen:

As long as you have the RS-60 connector plugged in, the shutter release sounds like it should be compatible. Have you set the camera's drive mode to "Self Timer/Remote Control"?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:50 pm 
Rorschach wrote:
No worries and no, I never thought you came off as stupid. We've all been guilty of schoolboy errors in one shape or form. :mrgreen:

As long as you have the RS-60 connector plugged in, the shutter release sounds like it should be compatible. Have you set the camera's drive mode to "Self Timer/Remote Control"?

Ok when I found where the screen to set the self timers it only gave me 3 options continous, self timer 10 seconds and an option to pick my time. No option for a remote. Leaves me scratching my head.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:55 am 

Sorry about that. I wrongly assumed that the 1100D would have something similar to the 550D in its menu but evidently not. Apparently, the RS-60E control replaces the shutter without function without the need to change the drive mode.

Was it specified that the one you bought is compatible with the 1100D?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:44 pm 
Rorschach wrote:
Sorry about that. I wrongly assumed that the 1100D would have something similar to the 550D in its menu but evidently not. Apparently, the RS-60E control replaces the shutter without function without the need to change the drive mode.

Was it specified that the one you bought is compatible with the 1100D?

No it says compatable with Cannon, thats all it said, but the man at the camera shop assured me that it would wourk with mine. I freaking hope so it was $90. Ugg I wish I could just get the Canon EOS Rebel T3i and I know there is a specific wireless for that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 pm 
I think I just wasted $90. I have been looking around the internet and everything talkks about the T3i not the T3. Guess I just have to upgrade. : ( I really needed some pictures done, like yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:46 pm 

I don't know much about retail law but seeing that the shop told you it would work, they bear responsibility for selling you an apparently incompatible product so why not return it and explain that?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:53 pm 
Hmm I guess I could call tomorrow and try that, because I cant afford to waste that kind of money. And its putting me behind on what I need to get done.