Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:03 pm 
I just cant get it right. Any tips on what my settings need to be for my Cannon Rebel EOS T3 for wireless remote mode? I'm pulling my mohawk out trying to figure this all out. thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:33 pm 

Wireless shooting with a remote control?
If so, easy as what. Set your camera to wireless shooting (drive mode, -> normal, continuous, selftimer/remote control).

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 pm 
Ruben123 wrote:
Wireless shooting with a remote control?
If so, easy as what. Set your camera to wireless shooting (drive mode, -> normal, continuous, selftimer/remote control).

Well I'm not blind, but when I get to the screen that gives the first 3 options there is no option for using a remote. What now?

Last edited by Bjorn van Sinttruije on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inappropriate signature, please refer to Forum Guidelines

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:30 pm 

Well, the self-timer option is exactly the same as the remote control option. I.e. when you push the shutter release on the camera you will get a self timer, and when you push the button on your remote you will get the camera work wirelessly. It's the arrow to the left though.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:50 pm 
Ruben123 wrote:
Well, the self-timer option is exactly the same as the remote control option. I.e. when you push the shutter release on the camera you will get a self timer, and when you push the button on your remote you will get the camera work wirelessly. It's the arrow to the left though.

Ok so sorry for being camera retarded, I am just learning to be my own photographer. When I get to the menue its 3 options, Continious, which I tried, no go, a 10 second self timer and a self timer that you could set from 2 to 10 seconds. My wireless has two options, 0 delay and 3 second delay. So do I just need to set that third option to 3 and use that?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:33 pm 

Um, I could be wrong but I don't think the T3 can use the IR remote. I looked at Gordon's review and it says there is no IR port http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_EOS_Rebel_T3_1100D/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:19 pm 

Actually I think that the one that can use IR remotes is the T3i, maybe there was a confusion. I think that if you can plug an IR receiver into the remote socket, you can use it. Otherwise, it won't work as long as I'm concerned. Sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 pm 
pierovera wrote:
Actually I think that the one that can use IR remotes is the T3i, maybe there was a confusion. I think that if you can plug an IR receiver into the remote socket, you can use it. Otherwise, it won't work as long as I'm concerned. Sorry.

The T3i can use the Cannon brand remote I know that, but two people at the camera shop swore the one I got would work. I am pissed, I need pictures like yesterday and I cant take them. grrr What am I supposed to do? I dont have the money to get the t3i, the pictures I need are to put up places I can make some money so I can get one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 pm 

Have you checked on eBay/Amazon for a remote shutter that's compatible?

Although you're based in the States, I'm imagine you can find something similar to this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Remote ... 567&sr=1-2

Some of the reviewers they've got it working with the 1100D without any troubles at all.

CSCs: Panasonic DMC-GF3
Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:50 am 
Your_illusion97 wrote:
pierovera wrote:

The T3i can use the Cannon brand remote I know that, but two people at the camera shop swore the one I got would work. I am pissed, I need pictures like yesterday and I cant take them. grrr What am I supposed to do? I dont have the money to get the t3i, the pictures I need are to put up places I can make some money so I can get one.

First remote I got was from Amazon said it was compatable, it was a piece of crap pretty much.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:29 pm 

T3, okay, I misread it and thought you meant the T3i. My bad.
So you have a wired RC I guess? -since there's no IR RC available for the 1100D. As I said, just put your camera to remote controlled shooting/self timer. Should work.

EDIT
D'Oh, see you have wireless remote. It's not compatible with your 1100D since there's no IR port.