Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 pm 
Hi, All,

I've just upgraded from using the Canon G10 to the new G15. Still playing with functions/settings it has.
I go to a lot of concerts, take a lot of video. The G15 take high quality videos, but after two live shows, I'm finding that the mic is SO sensitive, there's a lot of sound distortion and feedback off the amps. My Canon G10 didn't have that issue. I know sound is always best back by the mix/soundboard, but I'm usually down front. Comparing sound quality of the two cameras, when I'm standing in roughly the same place I always am for shows, the G15 has so much crackling it's almost unwatchable.
Anyone else have this issue? I have an imac, and in imovie, i could lessen that background noise, so I applied that to about 70%.
Anything else I can do/set to correct this? I know stepping back would help, but when comparing the two cameras, and knowing my old G10 had BETTER sound than the G15, because it handled the amps better, I'm disappointed if this is just the way the G15 will be.
anyone have any suggestions?

Here's a link to one I took, where I did apply some noise reduction in imovie.(Another odd thing is i took it in HD, but after importing into Imovie, it had no HD option for uploading to Youtube.)
Thanks for looking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgst0z8uz98