Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:17 am 
Now I'm not so sure anymore. I had seen videos online with the 60D moire problem but I had never seen it on my camera, at least not to a level that bothered me. But today I went to a lake and the footage of the water looks awful. It's not the same type of moire I see in those videos online, but there's an obvious mess of several colors in the distant areas of the lake. Now I can live with moire in certain clothes or chairs, etc, but lakes and the ocean are two of my favorite things to shoot footage of. If this thing is not going to let me do that, I guess I will try to see if they still take it back and then get a GH2.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:50 pm 
Maestro wrote:
sebazvideo wrote:
Further, there's the Olympus 45mm f1.8 which is pretty close to the Canon 50mm f1.8 However, you're correct that the Oly lens costs roughly three times what the Canon does.

Mark

So you can put that Olympus 45mm f1.8 on the GH2 and it will work with all its functions including AF?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:41 am 

sebazvideo wrote:
I noticed that when I zoom in and out, even when I have everything in manual, the exposure changes in steps at different focal lengths. (...) since the lens is 18-200mm and the aperture goes from 3.5 to 5.6 (...) I set it to 5.6 and I zoomed in and out, but it still does the same thing. (...) Is this normal, is it because of the camera or this particular lens? In that case, is there any other lens (that is not to expensive) that will keep the same exposure at all focal lengths as long as the aperture is set manually to the lowest level?

So first off, glad you got the camera decision sorted out.

Secondly, yes, that's normal for that lens--any variable aperture lens, actually--and unfortunately, constant aperture zoom (video) lenses are very expensive, and even then, they usually cover a much shorter zoom range. e.g. Canon's CN-E30-300mm (which is constant T2.95 from 30-240mm) is $45,000.

And finally, although further Olympus and/or Panasonic questions/discussions should probably be posted in the appropriate subforum, since you asked here:

Quote:
So you can put that Olympus 45mm f1.8 on the GH2 and it will work with all its functions including AF?

Yup.

Mark