Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:51 am 
I dont know if my point is valid or not but to me the 24-105mmL lens used for the review is way sub standard compared to 24-70mmL. I have had used this and sold it out. It would be great if the test of both camera use the same type of lens (24-70mm f2.8L) or nikon 24-70mm on both cam (adapter on Canon cam of course).

I dont expect Canon will do better in sharpness than Nikon, all these while I noted the canon images slight softer but responded well in PP for sharpness. This at least a better head to head comparison...IMHO :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:52 am 

To Gordon.

I had gone through ur last comparison as always. I have 1 question?

What will the results If we compare 100% crop of 5DIII and same portion from D800 ( no Degrading MPs- same frame as its matches the canon version---i hope every body understand what i am trying to say), i know we r doing in-justice as we comparing 100% crop of Canon 5DIII vs (say ) 70% crop size of nikon D800. But if u r a common man and only going to see the results, i think in this case we dont need to worred about if its 100% or .. what so ever

Can u tell me in that case what will be the results
Is D 800 will out perform Mark3 at High ISOs
???????????

just little curious!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:36 am 

Quote:
I dont know if my point is valid or not but to me the 24-105mmL lens used for the review is way sub standard compared to 24-70mmL.

How do you figure? :shock: Only if you need f2.8. The 24-105 is sharper than the 24-70, DigitalRev proved it.

But I agree the comparison might be better with equivalent lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm 
http://www.photozone.de/canon_eos_ff/42 ... 5d?start=1
http://www.photozone.de/canon_eos_ff/52 ... ff?start=1

you can look at this mtf chart....but using same type of lens is much fair comparison...