Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:14 pm 

Is there any person that can explain me why price of this lens rised in two days over 270€?

Did canon burned all factories down, got drowned, 5Dmk3 not selling as well, what, what, what?

I just cant understand that, for that price i could have canon efs 17-85 !

I am hugely dissapointed :evil:

Canon AT-1, 50mm FD F1.8
Canon A430,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:13 pm 

Has the exchange rate gone the wrong way? But it is very disappointing to see such a change when one is gearing up to make a purchase. :(

On the other hand, as I've found out, Canon L glass can be a very good long term investment as it holds its value well, currency fluctuations permitting. I owned an 85mm f/1.2L USM II for several years and pretty much got all my money back! Of course it helps that I kept the lens in pristine condition together with all the packaging. :idea:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:12 pm 

It seems i will order it from Hong kong (if i use that upper link to digital rev, will you get any " ++ " Gordon?), because i am fed up with our stores pricing policy. Maybe i will curse about it when i will try to get my warranty repairs, but at least i will save 300Euros... and that is price for (for example) four great sumer set of tires, nifty fifty, flash, or set of filters for new equipment ... well its a lot of money (many here does not even have salary like it)

Canon AT-1, 50mm FD F1.8
Canon A430,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 am 

I'm not european, but how does VAT figure into the prices if you buy from Hong Kong?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:13 pm 

what is vat?

you mean fee for clo?

Canon AT-1, 50mm FD F1.8
Canon A430,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:50 am 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_U ... _added_tax

I'm not familiar with the EU laws and wouldn't solely rely on what wikipedia has to say, but here goes...

Quote:
Importation of goodsGoods imported from non-member states are subject to VAT at the rate applicable in the member state into which the goods are imported, regardless of whether the goods are received for consideration and regardless of who imports the goods.[25] VAT is generally charged at the border, at the same time as customs duty and using the price determined by customs.[26] However as a result of the action of an EU administrative VAT relief an exception called Low Value Consignment Relief is allowed on shipments of a low value.

VAT paid on importation is treated as input VAT in the same way as VAT on domestic purchases.

Following changes introduced on 1 July 2003, non-EU businesses providing digital electronic commerce and entertainment products and services to EU countries are also required to register with the tax authorities in the relevant EU member state, and to collect VAT on their sales at the appropriate rate, according to the location of the purchaser.[27] Alternatively, under a special scheme, non-EU businesses may register and account for VAT on only one EU member state.[27] This produces distortions as the rate of VAT is that of the member state of registration, not where the customer is located, and an alternative approach is therefore under negotiation, whereby VAT is charged at the rate of the member state where the purchaser is located.[27]