Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:06 am 

Forgive me if there is another post on the topic but despite a few search queries I couldn't find one.

As the title suggests, I start up my 1 month old T3i after about a week of downtime (for the camera not me) and as I'm messing with live view on some indoor shots I notice 2 hot pixels. It took almost 6 years before my first superzoom digital had this issue (Olympus C2100UZ). Thankfully the T3i, as you may know, has the ability to remap these without external software unlike my old "uzi". I've done this successfully and the 2 hot pixels just off center of the sensor are gone.

How often do you find yourself needing to remap the pixels on your camera? I was thinking of making this a general forum question but decided to get a handle on timing from Canon users first. I was going to list a poll question but couldn't decide what option criteria to use (i.e. # shots, # power cycles, date/time, etc)

I don't mind remapping pixels, I do that all the time with hard drive repair. Like that however you can only remap X number of times before it stops working. Guess that's what warranties are for as much as I loath service centers.

-Kirk