Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:02 pm 
Maybe you can compromise and consider prime lenses. Say, a 50mm for portraits, but then get a lower end zoom/telephoto lens, say an 18- 250mm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 pm 
I already have a 50mm prime which I love! However I do need the versatility of a zoom for the type of shooting I do. I'm planning in going full frame in a year and a half so I don't see the point in getting an efs lens now! But thanks for the advice :)

In terms of the 15-85mm not being sharp I have worked it out. For some reason he decided to shoot most of the photos at f/32 why I don't know! But according to the reviews at this aperture the lens is extremely soft! I have no doubt it is a fantastic lens though!

Post subject: KIT LENS REPLACEMENT
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:24 am 
I have owned all the Rebels & 20D,30D,40D,50D,7D,even a 5D, and most of the "L" lenses.IMHO the 24-70L f2.8 has been the sharpest,most used lens,probably was lucky to get a good copy.Next to that ,the 24-105L f4.Good luck with your search. JJ