Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:26 am 
Hi, I wonder if anybody can help! I am not too sure If I'm just a bit dumb here but.....

I can not get Hypersynch to work 'as advertised' and the information supplied in the manuals/on the website/in the PW utility doesn't help much.

I would like anybody who has got this working really well to share their wisdom with me?

I am shooting a 5DII, 2 x 580EXII triggered with a Mini and AC3 on Camera and two Flex with the flashes.

What have you got set in the utility? Have you got HSS enabled on the flashes? Anything else you would like to share?

Many thanks in advance!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:54 am 

A quick dumba@@ question to start:

Are the PWs working normally? Is it just hypersynch that's the issue?

Mine work fine (US import via Adorama) and I was considering locally purchasing another Flex and AC3 but the frequencies differ here. So is the PW system all bought from the same place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:02 am 
Hello Neighbor!

Yeah, they work fine, I don't even have the issues with RF interference people say you get with 580.

It's just I am not convinced that the Hypersynch works at all. (or at least as well as the PW videos suggest it should.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:34 pm 

I seem to have issues with the hypersync at times. Some times it appears to work fine, other times the camera switches back to 1/200th of a second.

I did some reading on this at the time (was a few months ago so I do not remember the link). It is supposed to be important to turn on the camera/flashes before you turn on the PWs.

If I have problems i switch everything off then switch them all on again in the right order. Seems to work ok for me. The problem seems to be on both my cameras, so not just a 5d2 issue. The PWs are supposed to auto-detect the camera they are attached to, so no need to set it manually to 5D2 either, though if you only shoot with a 5D2 you could set it manually to 5D2 to ensure there is no issue with the auto-detection.

Do you use them in ett-l mode or manual mode? I seem to remember that I read there maybe some limitaions when using them in manual mode to trigger the flash only. Not sure though, as it has been a while since I think i read that.

I do like the extra fast sync (I think I get up to 1/500), which can be useful outdoors when you want some nice bokeh but have to stop down so that you do not overexpose with the slow shutter speed. However I do not find it reliable enough to give me confidence to use it without thinking and double-checking everything.

I have not experienced the RF issue either....luckily.